Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rollin' on the meatballs

So I hear folks complaining alot about having to "roll out the meatballs."
I also hear people talking about how annoying it is to roll out meatballs and as a result only buy the frozen ones.
I'm not a fan of frozen prepared meat. It never tastes just so to me. Only exception would be the super cheap turkey pot pies...those I do like, the sodium however I don't.
Anywho, I do not mind rolling out meatballs, plus they are so much better than frozen that it's worth the extra hassle.
I sort of follow recipe's, but mostly I'll take a look at several recipes and mix them all together and come up with something else all together.
Here's how I do my meatballs.

1 pound of ground meat (this time I used beef but anything is fine. Also I used a 70-30 mixture, they can hold up to simmering in sauce all day.)
6 tablespoons of green onions (don't leave this out)
3 tablespoons of bread crumbs (I like the italian kind)
3 tables spoons of Parm cheese (for this one I like the el cheapo kind the best because it's the same consistency pretty much as the bread crumbs.)

I heart onions!

I make little tiny meatballs. Just smush everything into the meat, don't leave anything in the bowl, especially those delicious onions!


Aren't they cute?!

Cook them for around 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

MMMMM!


Go ahead and take them off the pan and stick them on a paper towel lined plate. There's a bit of grease in the bottom of that pan and you don't want to eat that.

Now, do whatever you like with these delicious meatballs...

Mine went into those simple tomato and herb sauce along with that eggplant that's sauteeing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment