Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's not to love?

Spinach Dip Cups. You've got your spinach dip, you've got your bread...all in one bite. What's not to love?

I L.O.V.E. spinach, I also love spinach dip. It's creamy, the spinach gives it such a great flavor. mmm, mmm good!

So here's what you need:

French Bread Dough
Frozen bag of spinach
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 oz. of Neufchatel  cheese (cream cheese with less fat)
1/2 sour cream
2 tbsp grated parmesean cheese
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/3 cup shredded cheese

Preheat to 350 degrees

I would love to say that I made the dough for this recipe, but I cannot. This dough did really great. I would definately use this again.

My muffin pan has 12 muffin spaces so I had to make 12 cups

I tried to roll it out with the rolling pin, that doesn't work. I think it's the heat from your hands that makes the dough pliable. Just work the dough until it's big enough to  fit in the bottom of the cup.

It doesn't have to come up over the sides too much because the dough will rise a bit during the cooking.

Sautee up your spinach with the garlic and a little evoo.

*One day I'll learn about the white bowl*
Here we have the sour cream, Neufchatel, Parmesean and spices. Make sure your Neufchatel or cream cheese is soft enough to mix well. Add your spinach to the mixture


Spoon mixture into your bread cups.

Add the shredded cheese of your choice.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.



These are sooooooo good! The creaminess is so delicious. The bread is just the right consistency. I was so pleased with these Spinach Dip Cups. It takes almost no time to make, and it comes out so home-made good!
I would love to try these as mini cups. Little one bite spinach cups would be fantastic. I also wouldn't mind trying this with half the spinach and add chopped artichoke hearts!












No comments:

Post a Comment