Thursday, January 5, 2012

Deborah's mushrooms

So in Research and Development's family we get together for everyone's bday. We either go to the place of the birthday person's choosing OR someone prepares lots of goodies that the birthday person loves.

Usually part of my goodies for my birthday are Deborah's mushrooms. I do truly love them!

So for Deborah's birthday she had Deborah's mushrooms.

These are delightful apps. They are super easy and extra delicious. These are so delicious that they converted a self proclaimed mushroom hater. In fact, he asked for extra.


Here's what you need:
1 lb sausage
1 package of cream cheese
1 tbsp minced onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 package of mushrooms, washed and capped

Preheat to broil


Wash and cap your mushrooms how you see fit. I do not rinse mine, some do. It's all about preference.


Start with delicious sausage. This was brought in from Spring Hope, NC. It is only the absolute best sausage ever. So very tasty. I miss it...ho hum

Brown your beautiful sausage and then drain.

Combine your cream cheese, minced onions and garlic powder. Then add your sausage and mix well.

This is so good that Research and Development threatened to eat it with a spoon.
But I suggest you wait until the end.

Spoon the mixture into your mushroom caps and broil until browned. That takes about 20 minutes or so.

Eat, eat them ALL!

I lucked out and got a beautiful batch of mushrooms that were huge. Not the ideal size for apps, but at home with the hubs they were perfectly fine. The flavor of the delightful sausage is so important so pick a sausage that you love. So creamy and delicious. It's one of my favorites!







2 comments:

  1. Ashley, these really look delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thanks so much! I have a great time here! I just checked out your site and wow! Any suggestions or ideas are truly welcome!!

    ReplyDelete