Sunday, August 14, 2011

Best I ever ate

Do you watch that show?
It's one of my favorite shows on the food network. It's really cool to see the top chefs get excited about their favorite finds.
I found the best I ever ate: biscuits....in my kitchen.
The hubs has been taking his breakfast with him in his cute little spider-man big manly lunch box. He doesn't have time to come home for lunch and his options are Sonic and McDonald's. The problem is that he doesn't have a microwave to heat up in. So we've been doing some testing around to see what works to keep him fueled after PT (which sometimes is 12 mile rucks) and is super healthy.
This week he wanted to try out taking a sausage biscuit.
Well shopping with the hubs is always informational. We sometimes spend hours in the store. Most of the time spent comparing nutritional labels. I happen to like Harris Teeter (back in the N.C.), but the T.N. doesn't make those. So we have to make do.
We were not happy with any of the sausage selections. We wanted a turkey sausage, but all of their selections were pre-cooked and terrible for you. So what did lovey do? He got some ground tukey and made his own. Don't you love him?!
He wanted his turkey in a jalapeno biscuit, he searched high and low and found this Jalapeno and Cheddar Biscuit recipe that he wanted.
Dry, mix and mix and

add the pea sized butter. Hubs was very particular about the size of the pea sized butter.

Wet goes into the dry

Wait, what?!?!?! We're putting jalapeno and cheese in our biscuits!
Gotta say, I'll add at least 3 or 4 tablespoons of the jalapeno's next time.

Isn't that beautiful?!

Ever kneaded dough? It feels great to the hands.

Since I lack the rolling out gene, we choose to cut. I'm glad!

This is what happens when I roll out biscuits...true story.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

Look at the gooey cheese, but this next picture is better...

This biscuit doesn't need butter my dear...

Look at his breakfast feast!


"Wife, this is the best biscuit I have ever eaten" ~Hubs.
Me too hubs, me too.
I am so excited about this turkey sausage biscuit.
I love it because we know exactly what was in every part of this biscuit.
I know what's in the sausage, I know what's in the biscuit.
This is not something that somebody else, who knows where and then slapped in a plastic package and frozen.
I'm also making bread right now, we'll talk about that tomorrow!!






No comments:

Post a Comment