Saturday, August 6, 2011

OH Die Junge!

That's German talk for OH BOY!
I cannot wait to tell you about this one!
Tonight Research and Development took me out on a surprise date!
The date was to Edelweiss Cafe for our very first taste to German food!
It was such a great time! The people there were so nice (because it was pretty obvious it was our first time).
I had such a great time with the hubs, and the folks there at Edelweiss and of course, with the food.
Please excuse the picture quality, they were taken with my phone!
This is a German Salad. The carrots and green beans are pickled like the beet and for the dressing it tasted like the juices that they were all picked in. It was really quite delicious. It was not heavy (like ranch dressing) and it really let you taste all the elements of the salad. PLUS, I really love beets!

Husband got Jager Schnitzel. It's Jager because it's a big piece, and it's Schnitzel because it's a cutlet of pork breaded and fried. This Schnitzel is drowned in a brown mushroom sauce. The side item is Spatzle. It's a home made egg noodle. DELICIOUS!

I had the boiled Pierogi, and I am in love...
Inside of this delicious and delicate dough is the most de.li.c.ious mashed potatoes ever! There are apparently many ways to stuff a Pierogi, but mine were cheese and potato! You can also get them fried. So this was most definately a comfort food, but it also had a flavor just different enough to not be traditional mashed potatoes. They were so good! In fact I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the left overs for breakfast...yep, that good.

And finally, I vowed to have dessert. It was so good, I was almost done before I remembered to take the picture...oops!
This delight is called a Paradise. It starts with a vanilla cake on the bottom, on top of that is a chocolate mousse, on top of that chocolate cake and topping it all off a vanilla mousse. I am a big fan of mousse. I love it, it's so light and punches so much flavor. This stuff was as homemade as you get. They do not pull a cake out of the freezer, they make it all.

This is our new favorite place here in Clarksville. I can't wait to try some other things that I've never tried before.

Ending quote from the husband...
"I ate too much German Schnitzel"




1 comment:

  1. I love anything pickled! In fact, tried pickled garlic thanks to the huge jar Big Guy bought me. But it's delicious on salads.
    And pierogi!!!!!! Yummmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete