Monday, August 1, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

Well, you know how they go.

I made a fantastic dinner and took stupedous pictures! Well it's turns out that somehow or other the card was not in the camera and I don't know where the cord is to connect the camera straight to the computer, so I will have to make it again another time and tell you about it then.

Fortunately, Research and Development had a little something in his back pocket.

He's wanting to make the Middle Eastern Honey Cake for a little while and we finally found some whole sesame seeds so make it we he did.

Middle Eastern Honey Cake

1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 1/2 cups of unsifted flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup of honey
1/2 Olive Oil

Toast Sesame seeds at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
Mix ingredients and spread in ungreased cookie sheet (8x8)
Bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes

Look at the beautiful color on these toasted sesame seeds.

We used whole wheat flour. I totally suggest it.

I was a little skeptical at this point. It looked to simple really to be delicious.

I LOVE sharing my kitchen with the hubs.

This is a rather weird consistancy, but stick with it.

Our pan was a we bit bigger than 8x8, we just made do.

Wait until it cools off to eat it. Once it cools the sesame seeds are a part of the crunch. It you try it before it cools it seems like (because of the seeds) that it's not done.

Flat cookie of deliciousness.

I have lots of words to describe this thing.
It is so simple. It's not too sweet, it has this delicious nuttiness from the toasted seeds. It in a vague way reminds me of peanut butter.
It's just a bit sweet, it has this awesome crunch. Funnily enough, it's a little exotic.

I'm not sure how Research and Development found this recipe, but he tells me that this Middle Eastern recipe dates back to Jesus' time. This was the sort of dessert that Jesus would have eaten. 









No comments:

Post a Comment