Friday, September 2, 2011

I should limit my time looking at recipes

But I just can't.
I have cookbooks, recipes and little index cards everywhere.

BUT, the good thing about that is that when I stand there and stare into the fridge I'll remember a recipe that has exactly the ingredients that I have on hand.

Let me show you the sites that I like the most...

Eating Well
Eat Better America
Cooking Light
Real Simple

I love flipping through the Recipe Collections and the 5 ingredient sections that they have.

So this week I had the ingredients for Jamaican Beef Patties!


Start on the crust a little early. It has to sit in the fridge for an hour. I didn't have tumeric so the internet said that a good substitute would be dry mustard or curry. I went with half mustard and half curry.

You're going to have to work at this for a little bit to get it to a good consistency.

While that's in the fridge start working on the rest, starting with those beautiful green onions.

Turn those little pretties into a mosaic...

Tehehe!

To this (since I didn't have any scotch bonnets) I added a handful of minced jalepenos.


Have this ready for when your meat is almost done then toss that in there. *Again subbing curry for the tumeric*

This picture is my proof to Research and Development that we need a flash :)

For sure let this sit in the fridge as long as you can, it's much easier to work with. I just rolled it out in between a little cling wrap sandwich and then stuffed and made all pretty with a fork.

Look at the beautiful color of the crust! The crust was substantial and crunchy. This is a pick up and eat thing, but a fork and knife thing. The inside was moist and tasty. Next time I think I'll play around a little bit with the filling. It would have been great with cheese, or maybe some mushrooms.
















No comments:

Post a Comment