Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Neely's Bar-B-Que

I heart the Food Network.
I think those Neely's are cute as little buttons!

We ran across their BBQ joint a few weeks ago when we went to StrongBonds. We didn't have time that day, but it made the short list of things to do in Nashville, TN real fast.

So this past weekend when we went meandering through the Music City this past weekend we decided to try it out.

It's real easy to miss. It's just tucked back into a very quiet and unassuming strip mall and is really almost hidden...except for all the cars in the parking lot.


Sorry about the picture quality, I took it on my phone.
I kind of expected something fancy for a couple of Food Network stars, but it was a BBQ joint.
Wood floors, writing on the walls and smoke in the air. It was fantastic, the place that makes you think you're going to get great food.

You step right up to the counter and order. They don't have a huge menu with lots of complicated things. It's just down home bbq-esque food and fixin's.

Research and Development went with the Rib Tips, BBQ Beans and *gasp* BBQ Spaghetti.
He loved them. (which was rather evident when he shoved an entire one in his mouth...). The meat was extra tender, and the sauce is fantastic. The beans were delicious and I am totally intrigued by this BBQ Spaghetti concept.
It was great. It was rather strange to have BBQ sauce and noodles but it's a fantastic idea.

I had a brisket sandwich and fries. I ordered mac and cheese but ended up with fries, I really wish I had said something and got the mac and cheese.
BUT the brisket was amazing. No kidding, it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. I must admit that this is the first time I've had anything Memphis style, and one of the few times I've had brisket. It was a Hallelujah singing moment for me. The meat was so tender and tasty. The sauce was outrageous. Sweet, but not too sweet. Not too tangy and just a teeny bit of heat.

I will soooo be going back.


No comments:

Post a Comment