Thursday, September 22, 2011

Take a little of this and that

I have a hard time sticking with one thing. I can't explain it but the shineyness rubs off of stuff real fast for me. This is true in pretty much everything. Crafts, I feel like halfway through something that I've mastered the technique and never even finish the scarf (of whatever it is). I get bored really easily.

Same goes for recipes. I cannot just follow one recipe. I either gather from several or just take a glance at the name of it and run with what I assume is in the recipe.

Same goes for Arugula and Prosciutto Pizza that I found. I didn't stick with the recipe, but the idea was the same.

This was a random pizza that I made for lunch that sort of combined everything I had in the kitchen. I ended up at the last minute adding a few things that had absolutely nothing to do with the eatingwell.com recipe.

Still in love with this crust.

It seems so simple, but it's so delicious. You just dump it all in your favorite Rachel Ray bowl and stir. Stir with wooden spoon.

Just mix. You could mix this without kneading if you like.

That my friends is a well loved, much used pizza stone.


This dough is the perfect size for my stone.


Here's what you'll need:
Prosciutto (I used 3 oz.)
1 Onion
Olive Oil
Cheese (I used a combination of white cheeses)
The tomato sauce of your choice
Crushed Red Pepper
Mushrooms (you can never have too many)
A dash of Sherry cooking wine (optional)

Chop, Chop. This time I piled all the prosciutto together and chopped. I would do it a little different next time. I thought that during the cooking process that the pieces would work themselves apart. That didn't happen. I would chop a piece at a time next time I believe.
I am in love with Prosciutto. It's got such a fantastic flavor. It's thinner than Country Ham so you can use it in so many things.
*My favorite is to wrap a thick steak (like beef tenderloin) in prosciutto and sear it in a hot pan with EVOO. Just a few minutes on each side. I'm not a steak girl, but this is so delicious. I'm a Medium Rare kind of steak eater.**

You decide how much crushed red pepper. I did about a teaspoon. I might add a little more next time. I'm trying to ease my way into not being such a hotness wimp.
Saute this in to a golden carmelized brown goodness! Right at the end, I dashed in a little sherry cooking wine to deglaze the pan. It added a little something.

If this was for dinner I probably would have made the marinara, but I did not. I did a rather thin layer, I would probably add more next time.

I love mushrooms, I eat them like candy. I learned my mushroom cleaning tip from Rachel Ray. Don't put them under water because they soak up everything in sight. You would rather them soak up some flavor than water. SO, you dampen a towel (you can use a paper towel too it just take longer). With the dampened towel just rub the mushroom. Get it everywhere!

Here we have crust, sauce, carmelized onion and prosciutto goodness, mushrooms!

Top off with your cheese. Cook at 425 for about 10-15 minutes (I did 13)

I like my pizza cooked enough to get brown and crispy.
This pizza was pretty dang good. I think next time I will add the arugula and diced tomatoes like the original recipe stated. Or maybe add some halved cherry tomatoes on top of the cheese.















No comments:

Post a Comment