Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Leftovers are my nemesis

I just have such a hard time eating them. I'm trying to get creative with them so that I'll actually eat them.
But that's beside the point.
The point is this Black Bean Nacho Pizza! It distracted me from the leftovers last night.

I am a fan of odd and weirdish pizza stuffs.

I forgot just how much I loved this crust. It's delicious! It re-heats really great and it's the "just right" consistency. PLUS, you don't have to wait for the yeast to rise. But, on the downside you don't get to smell that beautiful yeasty flavor.

I love this recipe because you don't add and stir and add and knead and add and shimmy shake. You just throw it all in the bowl and use a wooden spoon and mix til your little heart's desire...or until this:

It's the perfect amount for a pizza to fit perfectly on my pizza stone. If you're making it in a big baking sheet you might want to double the recipe. See...

So, gasp! but I don't have a food processor. Don't you worry, Santa knows about this!
As a result I couldn't really follow this recipe like it says. Here's what I did instead:

I used fat free refried beans as the bottom layer:
This turned out just good because the rest of the ingredients stuck to it quite well.

Here we have black beans, roasted red peppers, minced garlic and diced tomatoes!!

Added to that are black olives, scallions (I will spare you the scallion mosaic) and chili powder.

Top with Chhhhheeessssseeeyyy Cheesey!


Let's not ask Research and Development to time us anymore, ok? Because I say...Time me! 5 minutes!
10 minutes later he says "Hey! It's been 10 minutes!"
Uggg!

Lovely!


Serve with Arugula and orange slice salad and a new flash ASAP!





No comments:

Post a Comment